Summer finally arrived here in Washington, and my Summer Reading Program library visits took me to some of the prettiest parts of the state. I always enjoy riding the ferry, and Whidbey Island was superb.
Jayanne Bixby at the Langley and Freeland Libraries writes, “Yesterday we hosted Jeff Evans and “the Magical Adventures of Aquifer Man” at both the Langley and Freeland libraries. He was fabulous! It was a perfect start to our summer. He had the kids and the adults mesmerized by his magic tricks and giggling at his jokes. He did an excellent job promoting the library and immediately following his program all of our books on magic were checked out. We are already making plans to bring him back.”
Then it was off to the Palouse and Cougar country. Although I visited the Neill Public Library (Pullman) last year, the late and recent rains kept the wheat fields a fantastic green. The blue sky, white clouds, and occasional red barn in the sea of green was phenomenal.
More and more libraries are holding their programs in alternate locations because their meeting space simply isn’t big enough. In Olympia my program was held at Evergreen Villages. In Monroe it was held at their beautiful new YMCA.
In Colfax it was held outside at a nearby park. In Clinton it was held at the community center.
Catch my Summer Reading show this week at these libraries:
- June 28 at 10:00 am, Peninsula Library (Gig Harbor)
- June 28 at 10:40 am, Peninsula Library (Gig Harbor)
- June 28 at 1:00 pm, University Place Library
- June 29 at 10:00 am, Dupont Library
- June 29 at 1:00 pm, LakewoodLibrary
- June 29 at 3:00 pm, Tillicum Library
- June 29 at 7:00 pm, Bothell Library
- June 30 at 11:00 am, Burien Library
- June 30 at 2:00 pm, Federal Way Library
- June 30 at 3:30 pm, Federal Way Library
- July 1 at 10:30 am, Covington Library
- July 1 at 1:00 pm, Fairwood Library
- July 1 at 4:00 pm, Issaquah (private party)
- July 2 at 1:00 pm, Key Center Library
- July 2 at 4:00 pm, Kent (private party)
- July 3 at 12:00 pm, Olympia (private party)
- July 4 at 6:30 pm, Tumwater’s Thunder Valley
On the 4th of July I return to the City of Tumwater’s “Thunder Valley” and Artesian Family Festival. It’s my ninth consecutive year! Gates open at 6:00 pm; my magic show is at 6:30 pm, Rhys Thomas (my favorite juggler) is at 7:30 pm, skydivers drop in at 8:45 pm, and fireworks blast off at 10:15 pm.